Monday 27 March 2017

Is the perfect body worth it?




What is the perfect body ? One with 6 pack abs or a slightly toned stomach? One with a soft fat ass or a slightly perky bum? Big toned thighs or thighs with a thigh gap ? Everyone's idea of a perfect body if different usually relative to the environment they grew up in . In Asian women a smaller frame with minimal feminine curves seems to be ideal in contrast to the US's fat ass and large breasts . People fail to realise that not one size fits, if you copy the diet and exercise regime of someone who wants to wear a uk size 4, and have none touching thighs when you want to be a bit more voluptuous and wear a size 10 then you're really not going to obtain that ideal body .  Another thing people fail to consider is the differences in morphology of each individual . I personally would love to have big hips but I just wasn't born that way . No amount of exercise will allow me to look like that. One solution for me is to eat more to store fat around my hips but once again because of my body type most of my weight goes to my upper half so instead of looking like a figure 8 I'd look like a number 9. So when it comes to setting goals to achieve a certain look I'd say be realistic so you won't be disappointed . With all of that said, I spend most of my days at the gym and eating clean in order to achieve my ideal body type which is potentially attainable for my body type  however I'm unsure how I am going to feel when i finally achieve my goal. Yes it would be great to look in the mirror wish washboard abs but then what? I'd have abs, great. But what are abs going to get me in life? How is having a perky bum making the world a better place ? The truth is, it's not and none of these things really matter when you look at the bigger picture. We feel like we have to look like some type of way because the media says we should but its their job to because if they didn't they wouldn't be making money from selling exercise regimes and diet plans. It all goes back to economics, they are trying to gain as much money as possible by preying on people like you and me. And even a lot of these fitness people who are promoting a healthy lifestyle and eating habits are being endorsed and earning thousands from it. Don't get me wrong living a healthy lifestyle is great but if you are healthy but don't have a perky bum, toned legs, butch arms or flat abs it really doesn't matter. Your friends and family love you not because of how you look but how you are and if you define yourself by how you look you're feeding into your low self esteem. So instead of spending ages trying to make your body to perfect , why don't you invest time in helping other people to make yourself a better person who people can respect and you can be proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment